The Epic has rocketed more World Champions, Olympians, and mere-mortal-racers to the podium than any bike in its class. And with the introduction of the Epic EVO's dropper post, longer-travel fork, wider handlebars, and meatier tires, we’re making the world's fastest XC race bike even more versatile.
Can you race this thing? Hell, yes. Epic EVO models use the same frame and Brain 2.0 rear shock as our current Epics. The Epic EVO's more aggressive component spec, however, also makes it the perfect choice for long rides and marathon races. Think BC Bike Race, the Cape Epic, or any local death march that your inner sadist dreams of churning through at soul-crushing speeds.
HERE’S WHAT’S NEW
• MORE FORK, MORE CONTROL: Day after day of marathon racing hammers your upper body. Remote singletrack is never groomed. The EVOs get longer, 120mm-travel fork.
• WIDER BARS: We didn't go "full enduro" here, but stretching the bar width from 720 to 750 millimeters adds confidence.
• DROPPER POSTS: Sure, you can high-post it on technical trails, but why would you? We're with you, and that’s why dropper posts come stock.
• GREATER GRIP & DURABILITY: There's no such thing as "too much grip." Durable, traction-boosting, 2.3-inch Ground Control and Fast Trak tires get the nod with the EVOs.
• SAME EPIC CHASSIS & BRAIN 2.0 REAR SHOCK: The Epic EVO is a more capable Epic, yes, but it’s still an Epic. This means that there's no bobbing and no energy-sucking suspension squat. Just pure fast.