With the DS2 Pinion presents a new generation of the rotary shifter that was developed in cooperation with the ergonomics specialist Ergon.
The results and findings from numerous tests and several years of practical use in different applications and at different external conditions were included in the product development of the new rotary shifter. In addition to the improved ergonomics for all hand sizes, the grip in wet conditions particularly was optimised in cooperation with Ergon. The design of the rotary shifter is brand new. The modified cable routing and tool-free traction setting ensure a neat and tidy appearance of the complete handlebar unit.
"We at Pinion are delighted to have found the ideal partner with Ergon, who possesses many years of expertise in the area of cycling ergonomics, for the development of the new rotary shifter", states Christoph Lermen (CEO Pinion GmbH).
The features of the new Pinion DS2 rotary shifter:
• Ergonomic cockpit for all applications and hand sizes
• Unique Ergon-Factory-Compound for improved grip, particularly in wet conditions
• Compact, lightweight design with improved cable routing
• 2-zone layout for precise grip ergonomics with and without gloves
• Tool-free traction setting
• Symmetrical structure: choice of left or right assembly
• Only one tool required for assembly (2.5 mm hex socket bit)
A 1.5 mm hex socket bit is integrated in the handlebar adapter for shifting cable change on the road.
The DS2 rotary shifter is compatible with all C-Line and P-Line gearbox types. It is expected to be available from Q1/2019 at the RRP of Euro 89.00 and replaces the DS1, which is supplied as standard with the C-Line and P-Line gearboxes.