The pack is currently preparing in warmer locations for a new cycling season. As for the start of the Belgian spring, it is a countdown to Saturday 2 March 2019. That’s when Omloop Het Nieuwsblad - the Het Nieuwsblad Circuit - between Ghent and Ninove will be on the programme for elite men and elite women alike. For the latter, the 24 participating teams are now known. ’t Kuipke is getting ready to welcome the world’s top in women’s cycling.
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad for women will be celebrating its 14th edition in 2019. 45 teams applied for this 1.1 competition. From among them, a selection of 24 teams was made, which will start in Ghent on 2 March, including 20 UCI teams and 4 club teams.
On the first Saturday of March, top teams will fight for victory in the women’s race. Three Belgian UCI teams will be present at the start: UCI Health Mate Cycling Team, UCI Doltcini-Van Eyck and UCI Lotto Soudal Ladies. The Dutch top formations of UCI Team Sunweb and UCI Boels-Dolmans will also be present.
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad also welcomes a few new teams in the women’s pack. The American UCI Trek-Segafredo and the Polish UCI Team CCC-Liv, the sister formation of the new team of Greg Van Avermaet, will be there.
UCI Team Virtu Cycling, the team of last year’s winner, will also be at the start. The riders who will be battling to succeed Christina Siggaard will be announced at a later date.
Discover the participating teams here:
1) UCI Trek-Segafredo (USA)
2) UCI Health Mate Cycling Team (Belgium)
3) UCI Be Pink (Italy)
4) UCI Doltcini-Van Eyck (Belgium)
5) UCI Valcar-BPM (Italy)
6) UCI Boels-Dolmans (Netherlands)
7) UCI Bigla Women’s Cycling (Switzerland)
8) UCI Lotto Soudal Ladies (Belgium)
9) UCI BTC City Ljbuljana (Slovenia)
10) UCI Hitec Products (Norway)
11) UCI Movistar (Spain)
12) UCI Canyon SRAM (Germany)
13) UCI Mitchelton-Scott (Australia)
14) UCI Alé Cipollini (Italy)
15) UCI Parkhotel Valkenburg (Netherlands)
16) UCI Team Sunweb (Netherlands)
17) UCI World Cycling Centre (Switzerland)
18) UCI FDJ Nouvelle Aquitaine (France)
19) UCI Team CCC-Liv (Poland)
20) UCI Team Virtu Cycling (Denmark)
21) Isorex-No Aqua (Belgium)
22) Keukens Redant (Belgium)
23) Multum Accountants Ladies Team (Belgium)
24) Rogelli-Gyproc (Netherlands)