The countdown has begun: the PEARL iZUMi 24 Hours Cycling of Le Mans 10th edition will be held on 25th and 26th August, 2018 on the legendary Le Mans track.
After the attendance record reached in 2017, with 500 teams at the start, the organizer wants to control the participation and thus guarantee the riders’ comfort. Registrations, which will open on November 21st on www.24heuresvelo.fr, will therefore be limited to 520 teams, including a maximum of 100 singles and 50 pairs.
Since 2009, one comes from far to ride the largest number of laps in 24 hours and to live the unique experience of a relay by night on the Bugatti circuit. Open to all in teams of 2, 4, 6 or 8 people, and even as a solo rider, more than 2000 riders get together every year on this exceptional covering.
Meanwhile the video teaser that will be revealed for the registrations opening, here is the 2018 poster…
PEARL iZUMi 24 Hours Cycling of Le Mans
- 2017 PEARL iZUMi 24 Hours Cycling of Le Mans: 2155 riders registered (497 teams)
- Foreign countries represented in 2017 : Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Cyprus, Danemark, France, Germany, Spain, USA, Luxembourg,
Netherlands, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Russia, and Switzerland
- La Matinale Le Maine Libre: 1500 participants - 1 hour ride on the circuit (from 12 h00 to 1 h00 am) – Registration on the spot: 10€.
- Le Grand Prix Bugatti: 150 participants – FFC 2 hours race (9 H 45 – 11 H 45).
- Bugatti Circuit: 4185 meters - Uphill: 600 meters from 3, 5 % à 7 % - Downhill: 1000 meters on 2 %.
- Visitors: Free Admission to the venue – Access to the Village and « spectators zone » alongside the racetrack.
- Informations: www.24heuresvélo.fr