“This is what I wanted, it’s MADE FOR ME!” Kyle Strait.
Perhaps you noticed whilst looking at pictures of Kyle Strait at Crankworx in Rotorua, that he was a riding a COMMENCAL bike that’s not even available for sale. Yet! Introducing the new version of the ABSOLUT SX, part of the 2017 range!
The request came from Kyle Strait and it was simple, he needed a bike capable of riding 4X, Dual Slalom and Slopestyle. The suspension was developed especially with this bike in mind; it's very progressive in order to accommodate big impacts. The shape of the progression curve helps keep the first strokes of the suspension sensitive and responsive. This is because during 4X/Dual Slalom, grip must be optimised without the bike becoming twitchy and in Slopestyle, the suspension is simply stiffened to cushion big hits.
What about the name? ABSOLUT SX Kyle Strait was obvious really. It's his bike!
So what does Kyle himself think?
"I am so happy to finally have a frame that fits all of my needs and that I am so stoked to put my name on. Working with the COMMENCAL team on this frame has been a breeze and I cannot thank them enough. Man, we thought of it all on this thing; everything from the strength of the frame, the sizing, all the way to setting up the suspension platform to fit the needs of such a specific frame type. From the first time I hopped on the bike I knew it was exactly what we needed and not to mention, the color and graphics are bitchin!"
- 26-Inch wheels, 150*12 rear axle to maximise strength, stiffness and clearance of the rear wheel
- 100mm travel, designed for the use of 120mm forks
- Lower ratio so as not to exceed the pressure recommendations for air shocks
- Very short chainstay (395mm)
- Sloping design accentuated to facilitate tricks
- Design of the highly rigid frame for better accuracy and maximum efficiency
- International standard brake mount/rear hanger compatible with the SUPREME Park
- Planned in sizes S/M and L/XL
- 1by only